What to Expect
Before you Arrive
- Please contact the family who is coordinating the service if you plan to attend. Attendance is limited in Phase 4 in the sanctuary
- Please click here to complete a Covid-19 Health Questionnaire in advance of your arrival. Entry into the building and attendance at the service require the form
- Everyone over the age of 2 should wear a mask once you enter the church grounds. Extra masks will be available if you do not have one
- Take your temperature at home or prepare to have it taken at church
- Please stay home if you have items 1 and 2.
1. Been exposed to COVID-19 or been diagnosed with COVID-19 or
2. You or members of your household have experienced symptoms of cough, fever, muscle pain, sore throat, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills/repeated shaking with chills, headache, and new loss of taste or smell within the past 14 days, please stay home. To keep the congregation and staff safe from the spread of COViD-19, anyone who fits either of these descriptions cannot be admitted to worship
When you Arrive
- Please arrive early to stagger your entrance along with others into the sanctuary
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask while on church grounds and in the buildings
- Enter through the east door on Kenilworth Avenue to check in at the front desk
- If several people are trying to enter at the same time, please maintain social distancing of at least 6 ft from people outside of your household
- Allow your temperature to be taken or communicate the temperature if you took it at home. A church staff member at the front desk will ask you for a completed COVID-19 Health Questionnaire
- Allow someone to direct you to the sanctuary
During the Ceremony
- Your responsibilities
- Everyone over age 2 must keep their mask on, with the exception of the bride while processing, the bride and groom while at the altar, and the officiant.
- Please stay in your designated seat. Avoid moving or walking around
- What the ceremony will be like
- We may hear singing from musicians who are physically distant and behind barriers
- The congregation will not sing or give responses. The congregation will join in prayer silently
- No bulletins or shared items will be distributed
When you Leave
- An usher or the presiding minister will dismiss you through the same main entrance through which you came. Please maintain social distancing and avoid crowding
- Keep your mask on until you are off church property and remain 6 ft apart from people not in your household
- Once the ceremony is over and you have been dismissed, please leave church grounds. At this time there is no after-church fellowship or socializing
- If you develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending an event, whether or not you test positive, please notify the church office. If you test positive within 14 days of attending an event, please notify the church office. Please contact Karen Gaynor or call 847-853-2636. This is for the safety of the congregation and of church staff.
If you are Coordinating the Service
- If you are the person coordinating the service, please provide a list of all attendees in advance to the staff member with whom you are coordinating the service. Groups and meetings will not exceed the Illinois and Cook County COVID-19 capacity guidelines..
- Please alert all of the attendees to the requirements to wear masks and follow safety precautions