The mission of the music program at Kenilworth Union Church is to inspire and enhance meaningful worship of God through the study and performance of outstanding sacred music.
Ensembles feature the talent of church members from as young as five-years-old to seniors. We offer a wide range of music of different styles and periods, from Classical Baroque to Gospel. We frequently have instrumental music accompanying our choral works, including full orchestra for some of our Special Music Sundays.
Registration is open for Children’s Choirs
For Children in preschool through sixth grade: Please use the button below to register for Sunday School, Children’s Choirs, and Faith 234 and Middle School Youth Groups—all in one easy form! New: Everyone will register online annually to ensure we have correct contact and safety information. Thank you for registering before Homecoming Sunday on September 8.
There are numerous ways that you can volunteer to help our choirs. Please browse the needs listed below and email Lisa Bond to volunteer or for more detail.
- Music Library and Music Folder Assistance: Organize, file, and distribute music.
- Robes: Assist in organizing and assigning robes.
- Data Entry: Assist in entering new music into the database
Youth Choir Volunteer Needs
- Chaperone Performances for Worship: Assist choir while changing robes and forming the processional. Serve snack.
- Chaperone Off Site Events: Help supervise performances or lunches.
- Snacks: Provide snack or beverages for children’s choir the day of performance.
- Robes: Assist in washing, organizing, and assigning robes.
All children grades 2–5, youth grades 6–12, parents/grandparents, and the North Shore community are encouraged to participate in the annual Music Retreat for a weekend at the end of August. This wonderful weekend is filled with singing, musical discovery, Christian fellowship, and an opportunity to begin learning some of the music they will perform in Church during the upcoming year.
During the past few years, Vernon Clark, who leads Gospel Sunday at Kenilworth Union each year, has joined us on the retreat to work with children on Gospel music pieces. In addition to choir rehearsals, we make time for a campfire, talent show, and other fun activities.
In 2003, Kenilworth Union Church made a significant investment to purchase a beautiful organ built by Dobson Pipe Organ Builders, which has enhanced both the sound of the sacred music that fills our church and the beauty of our sanctuary.