Kenilworth Union Church: Kenilworth, IL • Administrative Assistant Full-Time Position 5/12/2021
The Administrative Assistant is part of a vibrant team supporting the overall mission of the church, including congregational care, sacred worship, youth and children’s programs, and the Board of Trustees. This person will play a key role in supporting the Outreach Committee which makes yearly grants to 40 partner agencies. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Senior Associate Minister and Director of Business Operations.
- Highest Integrity, able to work discreetly with sensitive information and in sensitive situations, strong interpersonal, oral, written, computer and communication skills
- Treats interactions with parishioners with diplomacy
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Understands all Microsoft, Google, and Blackbaud software products with proficiency
- Proven working experience as a Database Administer
- College degree preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer and software proficient
- Energetic and proactive
Compensation: Full-time, salaried position. Position also requires occasional involvement with evening and weekend meetings and events. Competitive salary, from $20 per hour, commensurate with experience. Attractive benefits available in accordance with the church’s standard personnel policies, including health insurance, life insurance, 403(b) plan, vacation, and personal days.
Supports and assists the Senior Associate Minister and Associate Minister of Discipleship in all areas of their work.
- Contributes to the Outreach grant application process by communicating materials to agencies and sending decision letters; maintains application files and tracks liaisons and agencies
- Supports Congregational Care, Fellowship, and Adult Education committees by maintaining mailing lists, keeping records, organizing cards, and other related tasks
- Manages the online database by keeping it updated, enforcing policies, maintaining records, and training staff on Blackbaud Church Management software
- Collaborates with the Board of Trustees by maintaining documents, sending communications, tracking rosters, and other related tasks
- Organizes membership events such as Confirmation and New Member Classes through registration, record keeping, and other related tasks
- Manages some worship details, such as tracking attendance, organizing candle lighters, formatting the mid-day prayer service bulletin, and other related tasks
- Supports the business office by preparing mailings and troubleshooting technology issues
- Supports Children, Youth, and other ministries with administrative tasks such as labeling and record-keeping
Note: Due to the nature of this position, candidates are sought from outside of the church’s membership. The religion of candidates is not a factor in hiring for this position. The information above is designed to indicate the general nature of the work performed in this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. Please send resume and cover letter to Katie Lancaster and John Sharp.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
The church follows IDPH Covid-19 safety recommendations for houses of worship.