October and November were amazing months for our youth! We had so many things to be thankful for: community, leadership opportunities, and volunteering with worthwhile causes. Here’s what we’ve been up to!
- We were able to send off over 70 care packages for our college students! Thank you to our amazing IMPACT team for constructing, decorating, and packing so many boxes!
- Christmas Break: We have been praying for the success and happiness of all of our KUC youth in college, and cannot wait to welcome them home for the following events:
- Staff Retreat
- Our youth ministry team was blessed with the opportunity to work with Stephanie Caro from Ministry Architects to discuss how to best work together as a team, improve our youth program, provide more leadership opportunities for our students, and spread the gospel! It was so fun coming together as a team and brainstorming ways to make this year great!
- Corn Maze
- On October 17, fifth through seventh graders got the chance to go to Kroll’s Farm for some Halloween fun! We enjoyed finding our way through the corn maze, looking at pumpkins and farm animals, and eating some delicious pizza! Thank you to everyone who helped make this event a success!
- Trick or Treating
- On Halloween, our Youth ministry team dressed up in costumes and handed out goodies at the manse! It was so fun to see all of our students in their costumes, and we were so glad we could be a part of their holiday fun!
- IMPACT Reveal Night
- On October 28, the Junior Board worked hard to put together an amazing reveal night for the upcoming summer mission trip! IMPACT worked hard to solve clues and riddles, and was led to the beach where they discovered where we are traveling—Columbia! We are thrilled to be able to serve communities in Colombia who are incredibly deserving of our help!
- St. Leonard’s House
- The first week of November, several IMPACT students accompanied our youth ministry team to St. Leonard’s, a community of formerly incarcerated individuals, to serve dinner. It was so rewarding to cook, serve, and eat with such amazing people and hear their stories. It was a truly incredible experience!
Save the Dates!
- Sunday, December 16: Caroling at Waterford Nursing Home! The link to register for this fun holiday event can be found on the Kenilworth Union Youth website.
- Sundays, December 23/30: No Breakfast Club! Enjoy celebrating this special holiday with family and friends.