In the wake of Hurricane Florence, we are forming a team to partner with The Cajun Army, with whom we worked to clean up after Hurricane Harvey in Texas last year. Our work will primarily involve cleaning out homes and properties that were flooded, homes where the homeowners or inhabitants do not have the means or ability to do the work themselves: those at highest risk. The work requires personal barrier protection such as tyvek suits, respirator masks, goggles, and gloves because of the risk of mold exposure. Protective clothing and safety equipment are provided and mandatory.
Up-to-date Tetanus vaccination is required for all participants.
This trip is open to College students and young adults. Siblings who are high school upperclassmen can join the trip, too, but please note our return is 3 days after school is back in session.
Wednesday, January 2
- 4 p.m. —meet at O’Hare for check in
- 5:50 p.m. —Flight departs O’Hare to Raleigh Durham (RDU) (UA 4518).
- Upon arrival at RDU, the team will pick up its passenger rental van and drive to the lodging location:
- Heritage Bible College, 1747 Bud Hawkins Road, Dunn, NC 28334
- Host church:
- Gospel Tabernacle Church, Dunn, NC, Phone: 910-892-4011
- Work days with time for recreation and worship
Wednesday, January 9
- Breakfast, packing, cleanup and departure
- Return to ORD UA flight 3611–Arrival at ORD: 2:53 p.m.
- Pick up at O’Hare
Trip Fee $550
Includes flights**, lodging, meals, ground transportation, and extras.
** You may book your own flights and pay a reduced fee of $300. If separately-booked flight times are different from the group flight, participant will have to arrange and pay for ground transportation to meet the group at the host church or work site in North Carolina.
* the team will sleep, shower and eat meals at the Heritage Bible College. Bedding and towels are provided.
Cancellations / Refunds: You may cancel your trip with full refund through December 1. After December 1, fees are not refundable.