Blessed New Year! As we reflect on the past year, it is apparent that we have persevered through many challenges, thanks be to God. We are grateful for the ongoing love and support of our Church families as we head into 2022.
Please be aware of the following as you plan your family’s participation in Sunday school this January:
- Due to the recent COVID surge, children will proceed directly to their classrooms after checking in at the usual entry door. We will pause our gatherings in Schmidt Chapel on Sunday mornings for January.
- Average class size for Sunday school is 13 children. We hope this information helps parents as you make decisions and assess COVID risk.
- Miss a Sunday? Want to do Sunday school at home? CONNECT (please contact Greta Connor to register for CONNECT) continues to be your online resource for class content and catch-up. Third graders should watch the weekly video before class. Preschool–second grade parents, please join the “Winter 2022 with Godly Play” course on CONNECT. If you need at-home resources for grades 4–6, please let us know!
- Contact Greta Connor if you would like to bring a Godly Play story home. Parable stories are the focus for the next six weeks. These hands-on stories provide an opportunity for families to learn together and engage in their faith at home.
- We are excited to announce that fifth and sixth graders will begin “The World Jesus Knew” project this week (formerly known as Habitat). This updated curriculum preserves the beloved tradition of creating scenes for young children to visit in March, based on what life in Jesus’ time would have been like.
Thank you and help needed! A big “thank you” to all our volunteer teachers and high schoolers who helped make our fall program a success! We are reaching out to add volunteer teachers for the PreK 3–4year old class. Please contact Greta Connor if you are able to help with our youngest members of Sunday school!