IMPACT is the high school group dedicated to serving others close to home and farther away through its annual mission trip program.
Registration and Orientation: Sunday, February 21–Wednesday, March 31
Mission Trip Reveal Night,* Sunday, February 21: Mission trips June destinations are revealed through a fun and fast race to solve the mystery.
*Registration opens for Mission Trip Program after reveal night.
Program Orientation, Sunday, March 21: Program Orientation and Trip Information Online Presentation for Parents and Youth.
Wednesday, March 31: Final day to Register for Mission Trip Program
IMPACT Condensed Program Meetings: Sundays, April 11–May 23
Note: Exact days and times TBD. There will likely be multiple Sundays, weekdays, and/or virtual meetings scheduled to keep group sizes limited and allow for virtual participation in case of illness.
- 11 – Week 1
- 18 – Week 2
- 25 – Week 3
- 2 – Week 4
- 9 – Week 5
- 16 – Youth Sunday Worship
- 23 – Team Reveal
IMPACT Mission Trips: Exact date TBA upon travel booking Confirmation
Mission Trip Week 1: June 12–18
Mission Trip Week 2: June 19–5
Mission Trip Week 3: TBD July trip may be possible for those who cannot travel in June due to sports conflicts. Week 3 will be scheduled if there is demand from participants and availability with our mission host.
- Where do I register for the mission trip?
- Click the button at the top of this page.
- Where are we staying and what work are we doing?
- Program and trip information will be shared at an online meeting on March 21 at 7 p.m. Please plan to attend to get all the information.
- When is the trip registration deadline?
- Wednesday, March 31, 2021.
- There may or may not be flexibility to add late registrations. If you would like to register after the March 31 deadline, contact Silvi Pirn.
- How do I know what week I will travel?
- You choose your travel week on the registration form.
- What if the week I want is full?
- You can choose another week and ask to be waitlisted for the week you prefer.
- You will be offered a spot on your desired week only if one becomes available.
- What if I cannot go week 1 or week 2 because of spring sports?
- There is a no-cost option to request to travel for a week in July. That trip will only be planned if there are enough who choose the option and if there is availability at the mission site during a mutually agreeable time.
- You will be charged a program fee once the trip is confirmed.
- What is the total fee for the IMPACT Mission Trip Program?
- $1,895 for a high school participant.
- $1,395 for a college leader.
- What does the fee include?
- The cost includes local programming and mission project expenses as well as all mission trip expenses, including airfare, ground transportation, projects and activities, food and accommodation at our mission destination.
- Are there additional costs?
- There may be additional costs for COVID-19 testing if that becomes a requirement for travel either to or from our location.
- Why is this year more expensive than previous years?
- There are several reasons:
- This year there is no additional fundraising. Your fee covers all costs, including mission work we will be doing and the personnel who will assist our teams. We will not coordinate or require any additional fundraising by program participants and have, instead, incorporated the funds that would have been raised in a normal year into your program fees.
- Domestic locations while less expensive to get to, cost more on the ground. Food, shelter, and transportation are significantly more expensive in the U.S. than at many international locations, as are supplies and materials used for mission work.
- This year there are additional costs associated with coronavirus safety that increase costs of staffing, hosting, feeding, and transporting teams safely.
- What is the payment and refund policy?
- Final payments are due Thursday, April 15.
- Your deposit and all fees paid are fully refundable only until Saturday, April 10.
- April 11–May 11, no refund for those who have paid less than the full program fee. If you have paid the full program fee, you will receive a refund of $395
- After Tuesday, May 11—no refunds.
- What if you cancel because of coronavirus or another problem?
- If we have to cancel the 5-week program, related activities and the trip, you will get a full refund of all fees paid.
- If we have to cancel the trip only, you will receive a refund minus $150 per person program fee.
- What if I have to cancel travel last-minute?
- We can work with you to reschedule you to another week, if there is room available.
- If you are cancelling because of illness, your airfare is covered by travel insurance. You will need to have a doctor’s note saying you cannot travel and you can make a claim directly with the insurance provider. Note—airfare represents only a small portion of the total fees paid.
- You have the option to purchase at your own expense, cancel-for-any-reason travel insurance. Note that most policies must be purchased close to the date you made your first payment for this program and may or may not cover the entire cost of the program fees. Please check with your insurance provider before purchasing.
- There are several reasons:
Posted on February 21, 2021