By Silvi Pirn, Director of Youth Ministry
I am happy to let you know our fall season for grades 7–12 is about to kick off in-person! I can’t wait to welcome new people to the Youth Ministry family and cannot wait to see those who have not been here since spring! I have some announcements and information I am excited to share with you…
- I am sad to announce that the amazing Associate Youth Director, Claire Revord, is not with us this fall. She felt called into a full-time graduate program that did not leave time for church work here at Kenilworth Union. Her last day was at the end of July. Though I miss her, I know God has great plans in store for her future and I know this is not the last we have heard of her!
- I am excited to announce Claire’s cousin, Kate Revord, has joined me part-time as Associate Director of Youth Ministry. Kate grew up at Kenilworth Union Church and credits her devotion to Christ and the church to her years here. She is now a fully-remote 4th year transfer student athlete at Lake Forest College. She can’t wait to share her faith and time with youth here at Kenilworth Union. Contact Kate Revord.
To participate in Youth Ministry this year
Yup – everything is different because of COVID-19 but you already knew that.
Registration Required: This is the general registration for every young person in grade 7-12. This makes it so you don’t have to re-enter everything when you reserve a spot at a meeting.
Reserve a Spot for each class/activity/meeting.
Everything is linked on the kuc.org youth registration web page.
- BYO Breakfast Club for grades 7+ kicks off Sunday, September 20
- JYG—Junior High Youth Group for Grades 7–8 kicks off Wednesday, September 23
- SERVE Volunteer with us at Humble Design Warehouse Sale Saturday, September 26—ages 16+
- IMPACT for Grades 9–12 kicks off Sunday, September 27
- College Care Packages will be packed in October—please email Silvi Pirn addresses of your College Freshmen!
- Girl Gang for high school girls is re-forming. Interested in finding out more? Contact Kate Revord.
More meetings/sessions may be added to meet youth needs during these crazy times and also if we hit capacity limits. We are also seeking ways to reach out to those who cannot or prefer not to attend or meet in person. Let me know if that is you!
Youth Ministry In-Person Meeting COVID-19 Measures:
Youth meetings and activities at church will take place at the Warwick Manse—the white house at 417 Warwick. That way youth do not mix with other church groups. Youth offices are also temporarily located at the manse.
Other measures include:
- COVID-19 Screening and temperature checks at each meeting
- If a youth does not pass the screening, others observed or known to have contact with that youth will also be refused admission.
- Touch-less Hand sanitizer in use at entrance
- Masks are required indoors and outdoors.
- Social distancing is required at check-in and during activities
- Outdoor non-contact activities are preferred—so dress for the weather!
- Indoor space may be used and is set up with capacity restrictions and individual seats spaced 6+ ft apart.
- Capacity limits for each meeting/event do not exceed space capacities.
- For indoor activities, youth will be divided into small groups less than 12 people.
- 1 hour between meetings to allow for cleaning and sanitation.
- No food or drinks will be served or shared.
- Kenilworth Union Church has certified contact tracers on staff to keep our community safe.
- For the safety of all, events or meetings may be cancelled or postponed with little notice if staff or leadership experiences any symptom of illness—even minor.
I pray you feel God’s glorious and peaceful presence in your life today and always.