This page contains what to expect when attending in-house worship, if this is your first time attending 10:30 a.m. Worship in the Sanctuary please read below. To make a reservation use the “Reserved Seating Sanctuary Worship” button to the right.
What to Expect
- Attendance is limited in Phase 4 in the sanctuary, please ensure you have reserved spaces for you and anyone who will join you.
- Please click here to complete a Covid-19 Health Questionnaire in advance of your arrival. Entry into the building and attendance at the service require the form
- Everyone over the age of 2 should wear a mask once you enter the church grounds. Extra masks will be available if you do not have one
- Take your temperature at home or prepare to have it taken at church
- Please stay home if:
1. Been exposed to COVID-19 or been diagnosed with COVID-19 or
2. You or members of your household have experienced symptoms of cough, fever, muscle pain, sore throat, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, chills/repeated shaking with chills, headache, and new loss of taste or smell within the past 14 days, please stay home. To keep the congregation and staff safe from the spread of COViD-19, anyone who fits either of these descriptions cannot be admitted to worship
- Please arrive early to stagger your entrance along with others into the sanctuary
- Everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask while on church grounds and in the buildings
- Enter through the east door on Kenilworth Avenue
- If several people are trying to enter at the same time, please maintain social distancing of at least 6 ft from people outside of your household
- Allow your temperature to be taken or communicate the temperature if you took it at home. An usher will ask you for a completed Covid Questionnaire
- Allow an usher to direct you to a pew in the sanctuary
- Your responsibilities
- Everyone over age 2 must wear a mask.
- Please stay in your designated pew.
- What the ceremony will be like
- We may hear singing from musicians who are physically distant and behind barriers.
- The congregation will not sing or give responses. The congregation will join in prayer silently.
- We will not distribute bulletins or shared items. Please download or print a bulletin ahead of time if you would like this in worship.
- An usher or the presiding minister will dismiss you through the same main entrance through which you came. Please maintain social distancing and avoid crowding.
- Keep your mask on until you are off church property and remain 6 ft apart from people not in your household.
- Once the ceremony is over and you have been dismissed, please leave church grounds. At this time there is no after-church fellowship or socializing.
- If you develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19 within 48 hours of attending an event, whether or not you test positive, please notify the church office. If you test positive within 14 days of attending an event, please notify the church office. Please contact Karen Gaynor or call 847-853-2636. This is for the safety of the congregation and of church staff.