Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit; and there are varieties of services, but the same Lord; and there are varieties of activities, but it is the same God who activates all of them in everyone. To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good…” —I Corinthians 12: 4–7
The Care Guild at Kenilworth Union Church provides care to our members with meals, rides, and visits in times of illness, bereavement, arrival of a new baby or other events. The Guild is comprised of over 75 volunteers, working in teams headed by monthly team leaders who offer this care quietly.
If you or someone you know needs help—or if you’re interested in volunteering—you may contact Katie Nahrwold, Melanie Earle, or Katie Lancaster, or call the church office (847) 251-4272. The monthly team leader is listed in the bulletin each week.
Care Guild Leadership Team: Katie Nahrwold and Melanie Earle.
Care Guild attends to Church members by delivering meals, writing notes, assist with transit, and making phone calls to individuals and families during life’s ups and downs. Please consider participating in this vibrant and important ministry. Volunteers are needed year round. Please register online here or contact Katie Lancaster to register.
Care Guild Positions
- Team Leader: coordinate care guild services for one month, assigning team members to tasks needed to be performed during the month.
- Team Member: deliver meals, write notes or visit members as assigned by the team leader for your month.
- Cooking Team: prepare meals as a group at Church to store in the Care Guild freezer or prepare meals at home (cooks are provided with containers and food labels)
- Plant/Flower Team: help deliver plants from Christmas and on Easter as well as repurpose church flowers into new bouquets to deliver (generally on Mondays)
- Driver-pick up and drop off members who do not or cannot drive to appointments, errands or Kenilworth Union events
- Substitute: on-call position, flexibility to cover assignment when someone is needed to fill in