Communications Manager (Part-time, 40 hours/month)
The Communications Manager at Kenilworth Union Church (KUC) is integral in establishing and maintaining communication practices that create and sustain awareness of the mission and ministry of the church within the community.
This position is responsible for writing and editing for print and digital tactics, media relations, brand management and coordinate communications planning and tactics. Current channels include weekly email newsletters to 1,000+ subscribers, social media (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Twitter) Sunday worship service bulletins, press releases, and posters/banners. This position will monitor quality standards and metrics unique to each channel and guide the organization in continuous improvements.
This position will report to the Director of Business Operations and coordinate the staff communications committee’s activities and advise the Board of Trustees on communications impact.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to,
- Collaborate with staff to develop quarterly editorial calendars for all channels to maximize impact of ministry and programs (i.e. Liturgical season, Outreach Benefit, Rummage and other major events).
- Review and edit all communication elements with respect to established brand standards and style guides.
- Write original content for newsletters, website, or other vehicles.
- Lead relationship with media to include writing news releases, media advisories, and working with local reporters.
- Develop promotion campaigns which may include advertising in local outlets, posting of banners, posters or other resources to promote awareness.
- Oversee and collaborate in maintaining the Kenilworth Union website, doing page updates and enhancements
- Oversee postings to social media by appropriate staff members
- Occasionally participate in staff meetings and offer office hours during the traditional business day to collaborate with staff
- BA degree or equivalent; Journalism degree preferred
- Excellent writing, grammar and proofreading skills (a proofreading test will be part of the interview)
- Comfortable working with WordPress management system
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in Word and in a Windows environment; familiarity with InDesign, Illustrator, and Dreamweaver is a plus
- Ability to respond quickly and to meet deadlines
- Comfortable working in a faith-based environment
About Kenilworth Union Church:
Kenilworth Union is an inclusive church community whose identity is formed by its devotion to God, inspiring worship, service in the community and a deep commitment to nurturing our children and youth in faith. For more information, see www.kuc.org.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted March 22, 2018