The Reverend Christine V. Hides
Thanks to all who have registered! If you have not yet, please register all children in 6th grade and younger for Sunday school and Wednesday programs by Friday, September 16. Registration creates a safe, welcoming environment and minimizes the (often long) line for Worship and Family Festival Sunday.
When you arrive on Sunday, check in by the entrance to Schmidt Chapel at the far east side of the building. After your child receives a nametag, they will stay in Schmidt for chapel time, until 10:15 a.m., and then disperse to classrooms by age:
- PreK 3–4 yrs: Classroom 11 (Childcare is provided during 8:30 and 10 a.m. worship)
- K–2nd: Malott Chapel (upstairs, west side of building)
- 3rd: Classroom 1 (lower level, east side of building)
- 4th: Classroom 2 (lower level, middle classroom)
- 5–6th: remain in Schmidt Chapel
Parents pick up children 2nd grade and under in their classroom. Children in 3rd grade and up can be dismissed without a parent. As some children might not be familiar with the building, please make a plan about where you will meet your child after class. We are hoping to avoid any confusion on Sunday!
Childcare for ages 6 months–3 years is available in Classroom 12 each Sunday.
As children age out of our program and move on to Youth groups, some parents are left with basic questions about what is next. Read our FAQs to find answers:
What age does Children’s Ministry end and Youth Ministry begin?
Children’s programing ends after 6th grade. When your child is in 7th grade they are welcomed into Youth Ministry.
What are the different midweek groups and what’s the Wednesday schedule?
- Faith234 (2,3, and 4th graders): 4–4:45 p.m.
- MSYG (middle school youth group, 5–6th graders): 5–6 p.m.
- JYG (junior high youth group, 7–8th graders): 6:30–8 p.m; includes dinner
When Sunday school ends at 6th grade, what is next?
7–8th graders meet at 10–10:45 a.m. on Sunday mornings for Breakfast Club. This informal devotional time includes Bible discussion, prayer, and breakfast snacks in the library (the room to the right of the main entrance).
More questions about youth programs? Contact Squire Prince, Director of Youth Ministry.